|The world wide spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is becoming an increasing concern for many of us. I want to reassure you that I am staying up to date with the rapidly changing circumstances and guidelines put forth by the CDC, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and the Wisconsin Chiropractic Association.
At this time we will be maintaining business as usual and normal clinic hours.
In response to the COVID-19 illness we are taking the following precautions:
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting frequently touched surfaces. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Conveniently providing hand sanitizer throughout the clinic
According to the CDC we would ask that you help prevent the spread of the virus by:
- Staying home if you are sick or in close contact with those who are sick. (CDC guidelines if you are sick)
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 sec. In the absence of soap and water use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing and immediately wash your hands.
In addition to the above recommendations I see this as an opportunity to prioritize healthy habits that may help boost your immune system such as:
- Getting adequate sleep of 7-9 hours per night.
- Avoid processed junk foods which tend to be a poor source of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Perform moderate exercises of 45-60 minutes most days of the week.
- Drink at least 64oz of water per day and preferably 80-100oz per day.